This policy covers all of our interactions with our customers, business partners and anyone who is not an employee or contractor of General People. This policy covers how we collect and process personal data via https://wearethetype.com (our site), each of our mobile applications that we make available from time to time (Applications) including TYPE and the cookies we apply and use on our Site and Applications. It also applies to how we process personal data generally in our business.
The Site is operated, and the Applications are provided, by General People (company number OC424954) and all affiliate companies.
For the purposes of European and UK data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law”), the data controller is:
South Quay Building
77 Marsh Wall
London E14 9SH
Data protection officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from and about you
Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site or Applications, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our Site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on or via our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Site or Applications. The information you give us may include:
- information (such as your name, email address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site or any Applications, including if you register as a user of the Site or any Applications, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site or any Applications, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- your photos and calendar where you choose to allow us access, for example, when you upload a photo to the TYPE mobile application;
- a link to your social media account profiles if you choose to provide this, for example, the web address for your LinkedIn profile i.e. linkedin.com/username;
- information about your job title including details about your role, name of employer, industry, skills and expertise;
- which of our office locations you use most regularly in accordance with your employment (which we will enter manually into the TYPE mobile application);
- communications you send to us, for example, to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or any Applications or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Applications for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them; and
- information from promotions or competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Site or any Applications, if you choose to respond to, or participate in.You are under no obligation to provide any of the information listed above. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services or to work with you.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site or Applications or when you visit us in person we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse- overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team. We are using a Facebook cookie & using it for retargeting in anticipation of potential future activity. We aim to ensure that you cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site or Applications and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- information we otherwise obtain when you visit us (for example, your image if you sign in or are recorded on CCTV while visiting any of our sites, or you give us the registration details of your vehicle).
- information about events to which you or those related to you are invited, and your personal information and preferences to the extent that this information is relevant to organising and managing those events (for example, your dietary requirements).
- information relating to transactions with us involving you or the person that you work for, (for example, details of services that we have supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person you work for).
Information we collect when you call us.
We use software called ResponseTap that means, if you call us direct from our Site, we can combine information collected during that call with information about your browsing session on the Site. We use this to better understand our customers’ experiences, to tailor the sales experience for both parties.
Information we receive from other sources.
This is information we receive about you from third parties (any party that refers you to us or provides us with services relating to you, for example). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.